Glamorgan Lotto gives fans of the Club the chance to bet for twice-weekly multimillion cash prizes while supporting the Club's Development Programme, which aims to identify, select and confirm the next generation of Glamorgan stars. The programme will aspire to provide an oversupply of homegrown cricket talent capable of succeeding for Glamorgan and England & Wales at international level.
Through robust identification and selection criteria, the programme will include up to 20 of the most talented young male cricketers in Wales from U11 through to the professional game, and also a programme for up to five of the most talented female cricketers. As well as leading these individuals through the technical and tactical aspects of cricket development, each of the players selected onto the Glamorgan programme will also receive a personal coaching and development programme.
The Glamorgan development programme has the following strategic objectives:
- Robustly detect and select those individuals demonstrating the most potential to become Glamorgan and England players.
- Optimise the technical and tactical development of the players.
- Optimise the availability and performance of players through effective sports science and medicine services.
- Continually stretch players in challenging environments.
- Recruit, develop and retain leaders on and off the field.
- Enable the efficient and effective deployment of staff and other resources for the development programme.
Once ready, players will appear for various teams depending on their ability, with Wales Minor County standard and a place in the 1st XI squad the target, as several players have done in previous years.
All proceeds that the Club receives from Glamorgan Lotto are directly assigned to the Development Programme to further its good work and help its outstanding young players to fulfil their potential.